Digital media and Walt Disney World. My two favourite things have actually collided to produce the perfect conference. In a few short weeks I will be off to sunny Florida to attend Mashable Connect to exchange information with leading social media experts from around the world!
If you are wondering why an iconic tourist draw like Disney World was chosen for an important social media conference, it is most likely because it has completely embraced social media as part of how it does business. Most recently Disney partnered with Gowalla to customize a stamp or pin for every park-sanctioned hotel, attraction, restaurant and ride to help visitors explore the parks and attractions – the largest Gowalla partnership with a brand to date. I am sure Josh Williams, the CEO of Gowalla who is a Mashable Connect speaker will speak to this when he presents on Day One of the conference. I am hopeful the organizers will have an activity planned that will allow us to experience this partnership first-hand via our mobile devices and Gowalla app.
The weekend is packed with an incredible line up of speakers. To name just a few….
- Rohit Bhargava, SVP, Global Strategy & Marketing, Ogilvy
- Sabrina Caluori, Director of Social Media & Marketing, HBO
- Cameron Death, Senior Vice President and General Manager, NBCUniversal Digital Studio
- Scott Heiferman, Co-Founder & CEO, Meetup
- David Karp, Founder, Tumblr
- Steve Rubel, SVP/Director of Insights, Edelman Digital
- Raymie Stata, SVP, Chief Technology Officer, Yahoo
- Josh Williams, CEO, Gowalla
I will be blogging while at the conference so look out for a few videos, posts, photos and tweets!